No 1937 Team Photo available.
The Canberra League consisted of four teams in 1937, Ainslie, Eastlake, Manuka and Queanbeyan.
Ainslie First Grade finished in third position with 6 wins. Ainslie played Queanbeyan in the First Semi-Final. Ainslie won the game at Manuka Oval by 27 points.
- Final score: Ainslie 10.15-75 def Queanbeyan 7.6-48
- Goal kickers for Ainslie: James 4, Schenk 1, Donohue 1, Bald 1, Worthy 1, D Moore 1, Gribble 1
- Best: Evans, D Moore, James, Dee, Bald, Gribble, C Moore, Donohue
The 1937 Ainslie team played off in the Preliminary Final against Manuka. After leading at all the breaks Ainslie were over-run by Manuka to go down by 5 points.
- Final score: Ainslie 10.8-68 def by Manuka 10.13-73
- Best for Ainslie: Atkinson, Bald, James, Connelly, C Moore, Martin and Evans
- Goal-kickers: James 4, Connelly 3, Gribble 2, Bald 1
The Ainslie team for the Preliminary Final was:
- Backs: Bryan, Spendelove, Lyng
- Half Backs: Williams, C Moore, Martin
- Centres: Evans, Atkinson Peirce
- Half Forwards: Worthy, D Moore, Gribble
- Forwards: Schenk, Connelly, Donohue
- Ruck: James (Capt.), Bald, Dee (V.Capt)
- 19th: Loftus Emergency: Brown
- Coach: J. Keogh
- Captain: Lionel James
- V.C.: Sam Dee
The Juniors won the Grand Final against Eastlake and due to being undefeated during the season won the Championship.
- Final score: Ainslie 6.3-39 def Eastlake 4.5-29
Best for Ainslie were Moore, Scott, Jones, Stevens, Eason, Cleary, McDonald and Torrance.