In 1953 there were Six teams in the Canberra League, Ainslie, Eastlake, Manuka, Queanbeyan-Acton, RMC and Turner.
Ainslie were only defeated twice in the home and away games.
Ainslie played Queanbeyan-Acton in the Second Semi-Final but were defeated by 1 point before a crowd of 2000 at Manuka Oval.
- Final score: Ainslie 9.15-69 def by Queanbeyan Acton 9.16-70
- Goal kickers for Ainslie: P Platt 4, J Backen 1, R Bloomfield 1, D Ross 1, N Cleary 1, B McCabe 1
- Best: Backen, Ross, Boorn, Ray
In the Preliminary Final held at Northbourne Oval before a crowd of 3000 Ainslie defeated Manuka to set up a re-match with Queanbeyan-Acton in the Grand Final. In a spiteful last term Police came onto the ground to clear a melee between the teams and to get spectators off the ground.
- Final score: Ainslie 11.13-79 def Manuka 6.8-44
- Goal kickers for Ainslie: Backen 3, Platt 3, Ross 2, McCabe 1, Hawke 1, Stevens 1
- Best: Ray, Ross, McCabe, Boorn, Backen
Ainslie was Runner-Up in 1953 being defeated by Queanbeyan-Acton in the Grand Final by 6 points before a crowd of 4000. The scores were level with two minutes to go but a late goal to Queanbeyan-Acton gave them the Premiership.
- Final score: Ainslie 8.12-60 def by Queanbeyan-Acton 9.12-66
- Goals for Ainslie: A Stevens 2, L James 2, J Backen 1, D Ross 1, N Cleary 1, A Hawke 1
- Best: Birch, Hawke, Stevens, Ross, Ray
The Ainslie First Grade team for the Grand Final was:
John Cleary, Alan Ray, Bryan Birch, Robert Boorn, Don Robertson, Barry Browning, Lionel James, Barry McCabe, Tom Boyd, Alan Stevens, Don Ross, William Keough, Allan Hawke, Phil Platt, Jim Backen, Bruce Whatman, Max Griffiths, Neville Cleary, John Loftus, William Gale, Barney McCabe
- Coach: Alan ‘Ginty’Stevens
- Captain: Bruce Whatman
- Vice-Captain: Neville Cleary