There were seven teams in the Canberra League in 1960, Acton, Ainslie, Eastlake, Manuka, Queanbeyan, RMC and Turner.
At the end of the home and away game the Ainslie First Grade were in third place. Eastlake were top and undefeated.
Ainslie defeated Queanbeyan in the First Semi-Final by 47 points.
- Final score: Ainslie 13.11-89 def Queanbeyan 6.6-42
- Goal kickers for Ainslie: Blomfield 4, Armstrong 3, Durkin 2, Browning 1, D Ross 1, Jordan 1, Heales 1
Ainslie were able to advance through to their third Grand Final in three years by defeating Manuka by 11 points in the Preliminary Final.
- Final score: Ainslie 6.15-51 def Manuka 5.10-40
- Goal Kickers for Ainslie: Jordan 1, Hawke 1, Browning 1, Loftus 1, Ross 1, Lyons 1
- Best: Carnegie, Jordan, Armstrong, Browning, Ross
Eastlake showed their dominance by recording a 72 point win over Ainslie in the Grand Final before a crowd of 4,000 at Manuka Oval.
- Final score: Ainslie 9.9-63 def by Eastlake 20.15-135
- Goal kickers for Ainslie: Williams 4, Hawke 2, Browning 2, Armstrong 1
- Best: Monaghan, Browning, Ray, Hawke, Williams, Gale, Paine
Ainslie First Grade Grand Final team was:
- Backs: W Gale, K Sadler, Alan Ray
- Half Backs: J Monaghan, B Paine, B Carnegie
- Centres: W Ross, Les Durkin, Don Ross
- Half Forwards: Robert Jordan, B Armstrong, K Williams
- Forwards: Allan Hawke, J Blomfield, M Lyon
- Rucks: A Irvine, Barry Browning, John Loftus
- 19th: Keith Heales
- Coach: Ray Donnellan
- Captain: Alan Ray, Vice.Capt: Tony Irvine