AFL Canberra 2010 Competition had 6 teams, Ainslie, Belconnen, Eastlake, Queanbeyan, Sydney Swans Reserves and Tuggeranong.
Ainslie finished second after the home and away games behind the Sydney Swans Reserves. The two teams played in the Major Semi-Final at Manuka Oval in very heavy conditions and Ainslie were able to upset the Swans to win by 40 points and proceed through to the Grand Final.
- Final score: Ainslie 9.1165 def Sydney Swans Reserves 3.7-25
- Goal kickers for Ainslie: B Hughes 3, A Harris 2, E Stone 2, J Holmes 1, M Lawless 1
- Best B Hughes, R Andrews, R Shirley, D Argall, M Crook, J Holmes
Ainslie played Eastlake in the Grand Final after the Demon’s win over Sydney in the Preliminary Final.
After a slow start Ainslie kicked away in the second quarter and ran out winners by 25 points to win their 23rd Premiership Flag.
- Final score: Ainslie 13.10-88 def Eastlake 9.9-63
- Goal Kickers for Ainslie: N Paine 5, B Hughes 2, E Stone 2, D Argall 1, T Inkster 1, C Mathis 1, M Ghobrial 1
- Best: N Paine, M Lawless, R Tutt, R Shirley, E Stone, J Holmes
Robert Shirley was awarded the Alex Jesaulenko Medal as Best on the Ground.
Nick Paine led the Club’s goal kicking with 54 followed by Ben Hughes with 33.
Rowan Andrews, Marcus Crook, Matt Hearn, David Love, Nick Paine and Robert Shirley were selected in the AFL Canberra Team of the Year.
Marcus Cook, Michael Ghobrial, Matt Hearn, Ben Hughes and Eric Stone were selected in the ACT Representative Team for the Australian Country Football Championships. Marcus Crook, Matt Hearn and Ben Hughes were selected in the All Australian Team at the Championships. Marcus Crook won the J J Lussick Medal for the Best Player of the Carnival.
- Coach: Chris Rourke
- Captain: John Holmes